Digital IC Design and Systems laboratory (DICES lab) is part of Computer and Informatics Engineering Department of the Technological Educational Institute of Western Greece, focusing on the undergraduate and postgraduate education in the areas of hardware design (FPGA and ASIC), hardware design of secure systems and hardware design of digital signal processing systems.
The main research interests of the Digital IC Design and Systems laboratory are the efficient hardware architecture design of digital ICs for security and cryptography systems, and for digital signal processing systems.
The major directions are:
- Digital IC design for security systems
- Efficient hardware implementations of cryptographic modules
- Hardware Trojan detection techniques
- Efficient hardware implementations of digital signal processing systems
- Embedded hardware
- Efficient low power IC design
- FPGAs and ASICs design